Many people wonder if it is possible to run on a treadmill without any kind of risks. But the truth is that it has not been shown that there is any specific risk factor with treadmill. Of course, there are factors that can help you improve your experience of this activity.
The treadmill is one of the essential accessories if you want to be fit without depending on the weather, the humidity, etc. Because you always will run in the same place and you can control your favorite conditions. Still, you should follow few steps in order to optimize the experience:
Ideally, when running on treadmill, take into account certain factors that can help you achieve the best performance:
- Abrupt Changes: When running on a treadmill, it is recommended to avoid very sudden changes in speed
- The inclination is important: When you run on a treadmill, there is no air resistance that you would feel in another field but can make it feel like there is, by changing the inclination of 1 %
- Check your technique: This can help you improve and you can do checking your posture with a camera to record yourself or with a mirror in front of you.
- Reduce the risks: the treadmill moves in the opposite direction to our steps , the movement we do when running with the heel produces a shear which can be decreased significantly if we improve our tread.
- Avoid jumps: When you look in the mirror in front of you to run on the treadmill, make sure your head does not move up and down.
In short, using a mirror (which is the most economical choice for checking your posture) while running can be of great use to improve your technique, and therefore avoid injury and achieve better performance.
Remember to use the proper sportswear and monitor the slope or inclination when you run on the treadmill.
Adidas Trainer 360 adipure