Sportivic (www.sportivic.com) is the first website specialized in selling sports equipment, with a catalog which offers the best expert shops, in order to allow the final consumer buying, in an easy way and very competitive prices, all that is needed for the practice of your favorite sport (shoes, textiles, accessories and hard material).
Being "the Amazon specialist in sports," making as easy as possible the online shopping of sporting goods, and being the marketplace of reference in the European market are the objectives of Sportivic. To achieve this we have set the following goals:
- Have the largest catalog of products in all sports.
- Treat each sport as a specialist.
- Make the user experience amazing and easy.
- Be the benchmark website in online sports sales.
- Make the user able to buy the best products at the best price.
Sportivic is led by 4 professionals with long experience in some of the largest Internet companies (Softonic, eDreams) and sports equipment brands (Nike).
- Nico Bour (36 years) - CEO Verticomm Network - BA and MBA from ESADE, has extensive experience in strategy, ecommerce and web 2.0.
- Albert García (33 years) - CTO Verticom Network - Founder of the blog portal Obolog and extensive experience in areas of usability, technology and design.
- Albert Lopez (34 years) - CCO Verticomm Network - Computer Engineer with extensive experience in search engine optimization (SEO) and content area.
- Alex Cucurull (40 years) General Manager Sportivic - Master in International Trade, Post Graduate in Business Administration, Bachelor in Marketing and over 16 years experience in multinational companies (Nike & PepsiCo).
Sportivic is part of VertiComm Network, a company specializing in e-commerce and marketplace development, of which is also part Uvinum (marketplace that sells wine, beer, spirits, accessories and gourmet products, this "Amazon of wine" has the most important catalog in its market in Spain and one of the largest in Europe).
Even as a 100% Spanish company, this young Barcelonian start-up, based in Barcelona Activa, is born as an international project with a clear local focus. Sportivic has begun selling in Spain with plans to expand internationally in late 2012. The intention is to act locally in each country adapting its strategy and actions according to the market and consumer profile.
Sportivic is supported by the largest Internet investors and professionals in Spain, such as Cabiedes & Partners, Grupo Intercom, Albert Armengol or Tomás Diago (founder Softonic), which, along with others, have invested over 1.1 million € for development and growth of the company.